Bloggertaria - The blog of pleasure. And pain.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The week looms...

This week is an odd combination of excitement and excruciating anxiety - many things will probably be achieved by Republic Day - a big one would be a pad to call our own here in Mumbai. For a family that never really believed in owning anything 100kms from Pune... and most certainly never thought Mumbai would ever be something they'd call their own, it's a momentous moment. Of sorts.

I say 'family' cause this Mumbai house wouldn't have ever been possible without the collective efforts of the late father, the mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, cousin.... ex-brother-in-law's very loyal staff (go figure that one out, its just too complicated to even attempt explaining) - I'll stop right here, cause the house is yet to become ours completely and one of the wise old men (there seem to be a few in my life) has taught me that you've never really won the race until you pass the finishing line. And as my own unforgiving Maharashtrian genes will keep reminding me 'there's many a slip between the cup and the lip' - so I'll stop here about the real estate and ramble about other less important things.

My weightloss effort for instance. There's nothing to write about there. Simple cause I did absolutely nothing. And I won't bother with the 'now I will' etc etc. Cause I really don't know if I will at all. This week I plan to embark on a sugarfree soujourn - I have successfully done this in the past, but ever since I'm comfortable just resting on those laurels...

I could say 'watch this space' again, but heck, it's not really gonna go anywhere, so you can relax...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home