Bloggertaria - The blog of pleasure. And pain.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mumbai - as i know it

Have been trying to give some sort of direction to this blog. Not that it desperately needs it, given the 5 people that read it. Even so.

So I figured I should write about the Mumbai I know. People and places. Have been here for little less than 4 years now. Worked in three places. And met a million people. Atleast.

In Mumbai it's a tad difficult to be reclusive. Or even elusive for that matter. The first thing that strikes you is the people. The second thing that strikes you is people again. And so on and so forth.

My first house in Mumbai was a hole in the wall. RTO lane, Andheri (West, in Mumbai your geographical directions define you. Yeah, my gf wouldn't give me time of day had I been from Nalasopara East - and she's not even from Mumbai!)

I went thru two brokers to crack that deal. And one of them, Mamaji, continues to offer his services at regular intervals. Brokers in Mumbai seem to sneak into your life in a rather strange manner, and then refuse to leave. But you don't seem to mind. Or even realise that. Like the smell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home